Minimum Order Quantity : 26 MT
Available Bag Size : 1Kg, 5Kg, 10Kg, 25Kg, 50Kg
Available Bag Type : PP, Plastic, Jute, Gunny, Non-Woven
Facilitated By : Tradologie.com
This is a Vegetarian product.
What is Parboiled Rice?
- Parboiled Rice is the rice that has boiled in the husk to a limited extent. This rice is also called converted rice. In the process of parboiling, the same amount of nutrients is driven into the grain as it is present in the raw rice.
- During the parboiling process, the paddy is involved in partial boiling before milling because this process is associated with increasing the overall value of Parboiled Rice Nutrition.
Parboiled Rice Benefits
The Parboiled Rice is rich in Vitamin B, iron, thiamine, niacin, magnesium, and zinc which are essential for our health. This nutritional composition is a good energy-source for our bodies. In addition, Parboiled Rice Nutrition composition improves various health benefits such as it helps in healing wound quickly, regulating blood sugar, and rectifying low fertility.
Besides, one of the most major Parboiled Rice Benefits is that it is enriched with a special class antioxidant that helps in the preventing cell damage in the human body. Plus, the high fiber content in this rice helps in reducing obesity to a great extent.
Parboiling Rice Processes
There are three steps of making the paddy Rice Parboiled. These include soaking, steaming, and drying:
- Soaking: It is the process where the paddy is soaked into the warm water to increase the moisture content in it.
- Steaming: In the process of steaming the starch of the paddy is converted into the gel and the heat involved in this process eventually kills bacteria and other microorganisms too.
- Drying: This is the method where moisture is reduced in the Parboiled Rice and thus it helps in the milling process.
During the completion of these three steps, the rice turns into pale yellow color rather than white.
Technological Development in Parboiled Rice Processing
With the advancement of technology in the present time, two types of systems are being applied for parboiling the rice:
- Fixed Sieve System
- Rotating Sieve System
Of the two, Rotating Sieve System is one of the best methods for the parboiling process in the Parboiled Rice production. As the time taken in the Rotating Sieve System is shorter than what it is with the Fixed Sieve System.
Moreover, using a Rotating Sieve System provides better qualities of Parboiled Rice rather than the using the Fixed Sieve System.
The two main factors which are affecting the quality of parboiling process are as follows:
- The parboiling time
- Rotational Speed.
However, the quality of the Parboiled Rice is not dependent on the rotational speed of the system.
Parboiled Rice Production and Uses
- The Parboiled Rice was originated in India and now its production has covered the one-quarter of the world’s paddy produced.
- Presently, 90 percent of Parboiled Rice is produced in South Asia.
- After cooking, parboiled grains do not mash together. Due to this quality, the rice is suitable for making a lot of Indian as well as international famous dishes and delicacies.
- According to a research, Parboiled Rice is less affected by the insects due to its roughness and hard texture than any other milled raw rice, and thus it holds a better storage life.
- This Rice Parboiled is readily consumed rice which is available throughout India and Pakistan. In the United States, it is used as a ready-to-eat cereal.
Types of Parboiled Rice Available in the Market
Parboiled Rice is full of vitamins and minerals. The rice is widely popular around the world due to its long-grain. In the year of 2008, this rice was introduced to the market. The Rice Parboiled is also known as cholesterol and gluten-free rice. After parboiling, the rice becomes golden yellow in color.
There are two types of Parboiled Rice available in the Indian Market. One is Basmati Parboiled Rice and the other one is Non-Basmati Parboiled Rice.
The Basmati Parboiled Rice is also known as the Golden Sella Basmati Rice and is one of the most premium qualities of rice available in the market.
On the other hands, there are different types of non-basmati Parboiled Rice available in the market, which are as follows:
- IRRI-6 Long Grain Parboiled Rice
- PR-106 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- PK 386 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- Sona Masoori Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- IR 8 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- IR 64 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- IRRI 9 Long Grain Parboiled Rice
- IR 36 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- Swarna Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
IRRI-6 Long Grain Parboiled Rice
- This variety of Parboiled Rice is produced in the Sindh region of Pakistan. It is very popular in Africa, Eastern Europe, and Gulf markets. Pakistan holds the largest export share of this rice in the market.
PR-106 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- PR-106 has the longest grain size. It is grown in Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh. Due to its low-cost, this rice is very popular in the International Market. Every year a huge amount of rice is exported out of the country.
PK-386 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- PK 386 is grown in the Punjab region of India and is very popular in Arab and African countries. The rice is widely popular around the world due to its long-grain.
Sona Masoori Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- The Parboiled Rice is primarily consumed by a large number of the Indian population. It is originally from southern India but now it is growing in Central and North India too. The export demand for this rice is mostly from the North America and the Middle East.
IR 8 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- IR 8 is grown and cultivated in the Gujarat region of India. Due to its long-grain and low-cost, the demand of this rice is very high worldwide.
IR 64 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- This variety of Parboiled Rice is aromatic in nature and also holds long-grain size. It is cultivated in the region of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka. The rice is one of the best varieties found around the world and their demand is very high in the international markets.
IRRI 9 Long Grain Parboiled Rice
- IRRI 9 is very popular due to its wide consumption around the globe. This rice is originated in the Sindh and Punjab region of Pakistan. It is golden yellow in color and also the most popular rice in Africa and Gulf Countries.
IR 36 Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- India is very popular among other countries in the world for the export of this Parboiled Rice. It is grown in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka, and the price of this rice is low in the market. Amylose content is very high in this particular rice product.
Swarna Non Basmati Parboiled Rice
- This is renowned as ‘Indian rice’ globally. This Parboiled Rice is known for its long-grain and also exported globally. This is one of the best varieties of non-basmati rice available in the global market.
Indian Market Value of Parboiled Rice
If we talk about the global rice-trade, India is one of the top exporters. With the increasing demand for Parboiled Rice globally, the rate of exports has also turned high all around the world. The area under the Rice Parboiled cultivation is enhanced in order to increase the overall production.
Some of the renowned Parboiled Rice Suppliers from India are as follows:
- Veer Overseas
- Rohit Export
- Rungta Export
- Navya International
- Sri Sri Foods
- Anaya Export
- ASM Global INC
Global Market Value of Parboiled Rice
The major exporters of Parboiled Rice are from the regions of India, Thailand, and the United States. The major importers of this rice are from the markets of Western Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The demand for Parboiled Rice is higher in the international market than any other rice due to its cost-effectiveness and the value of Parboiled Rice Nutrition. The non-sticky nature, water absorption capacity and richness of vitamins & minerals propel the growth of Parboiled Rice in the International Market.
Major Share Holders of Rice Parboiled in the Global Market
- California, Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas hold major global share as the Parboiled Rice market.
- The current market forecast for the financial year 2019-20 suggests that Latin America is anticipated obtain moderately high growth rate in the world market when it comes to Parboiled Rice consumptions.
- Indonesia, Vietnam, China, and Taiwan are some other prominent market leaders for this rice variety.